Energy Audit Process
How does an energy audit work?
We take a comprehensive and whole-house approach to energy efficiency. A Home Energy Audit will identify those areas that yield the most cost efficient results. Our detailed assessment and review includes all elements of the building envelope – walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors and much more. For each of these components the area and resistance to heat flow is measured and estimated, searching for leakage rate or infiltration of air. A comprehensive report and recommendations will be provided that will yield the best results.
Some of the greatest effects on energy usage are behavior – so we take a peek at your energy billing history too.
What a Home Energy Audit Includes
- Identify type, size, condition and rate of energy consumption for each major energy consumer (ie. Hot water heater, insulation, etc.)
- HVAC and mechanical inspections
- Recommend appropriate energy conservation, operation and maintenance procedures.
- Duct leakage testing
- Estimate costs and labor for energy retrofits
- Foam-sealing, duct sealing, and insulation
- Home weatherization
- Define goals for alternative energy solutions (solar power and/or solar hot water)
- Project savings from energy retrofits
- Note current and potential health and safety issues and how they may be affected by the proposed changes.
- Combustion Safety Testing
- Natural gas leakage detection
- Indoor air quality
- Explain behavioral changes that will reduce energy waste
The auditing professionals at Solar Energy World have been trained and certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). Their recommendations will be accurate and comprehensive and will qualify for rebates offered by the Maryland Energy Administration through the Maryland Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®.
Our goal is to help homeowners across the mid-Atlantic reduce energy consumption while improving comfort, health and safety of the people living in the home. Contact us to schedule your Energy Audit today!
Listen Up: Let’s Talk Rooftop Solar Safety with Fire Captain Matt Paiss
The Energy Show on Renewable Energy World March 06, 2014 Fires in homes are generally caused by kitchen mishaps, heating system fires or electrical malfunctions. When it comes to fire safety, the solar industry’s track record is excellent — withRead More >
“I’m really pleased with the work of Solar Energy World. The sales and installation team helped me realize some serious savings plus it adds value to our home.”